All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionWhen we leave and travel abroad, for pleasure or for business, we make a choice: to have a superficial airport experience at our destination, or to appreciate the hidden culture beneath the surface. A Beginner's Guide to the Deep Culture Experience proposes a deep culture journey, encouraging travelers to pursue a meaningful cross-cultural experience. Sharing anthropologist Edward Hall's conviction that becoming aware of our unconscious cultural programming is a transcendental challenge facing us all, author Joseph Shaules shows how the deep culture experience can teach us about ourselves. This practical book is an accessible introduction to intercultural communication without buzz words, theory or abstraction. If you travel internationally for work or simply enjoy the diverse cultures of the world, read this inspirational book before your next trip.
- Author BiographyJoseph Shaules, PhD, has worked in intercultural education in Japan, Mexico, and Europe for more than twenty-five years. He is the director of the Japan Intercultural Institute (JII) and teaches at the Rikkyo College of Business and the Keio University International Center. Shaules is a co-presenter on the NHK Television program Nyuusu de Eikaiwa. He is also the Japan specialist for a consulting and training company based in Germany. He is the author of several books including A Beginner's Guide to the Deep Culture Experience also published by Intercultural Press. He lives in Tokyo.
- Author(s)Joseph Shaules
- PublisherNicholas Brealey Publishing
- Date of Publication05/08/2010
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIntercultural Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.