All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.34Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionA Better Pencil examines the digital revolution in light of the history of writing techlogy. Baron looks at how we love, fear, actually use our writing machines-t just computers but typewriters, pencils, and clay tablets-how we deploy them to replicate the old ways of doing things while actively generating new modes of mass expression; how we learn to trust new techlogy and the new and strange sorts of texts that it produces; hwo we expand the tion of who can write and who can't; and how we free our readers and writers while at the same time trying to regulate their activities.
- Author BiographyDennis Baron is Professor of English and Linguistics, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign.
- Author(s)Dennis Baron
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication29/10/2009
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Notenumerous halftones
- Weight527 g
- Width165 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.