All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionThose featured in Volume 10 include Margaret Martyr, a singer, actress, and dancer whose conjugal virtues were often impeached, according to the July 1792 Thespian Magazine. The Dictionary describes this least constant of lovers as of middling height, with a figure well-proportioned for breeches parts. [Her] black-haired, black-eyed beauty and clear sopra made her an immediate popular success in merry maids and tuneful minxes, the piquant and the pert, for a quarter century.
- Author BiographyPhilip Highfill, Jr., is Professor of English at George Washington University. Kalman A. Burnim is Professor of Drama at Tufts University. Edward A. Langhans is Professor of Drama and Theater at the University of Hawaii.
- Author(s)Edward A. Langhans,Kalman A. Burnim,Philip H. Highfill
- PublisherSouthern Illinois University Press
- Date of Publication15/06/2006
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationCarbondale
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSouthern Illinois University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight953 g
- Width190 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.