All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis authoritative and w classic work of reference on the history of British architecture contains biographical information on some 2,000 architects who practiced in England, Scotland, and Wales from the time of Inigo Jones (1573-1652) to that of William Burn (1789-1870) and Sir Charles Barry (1795-1860). This new edition is the fourth of what began in 1954 as A Biographical Dictionary of English Architects 1600-1840. It w includes 62 newly identified architects and about 700 additional building entries. The dictionary lists every building of importance whose architect can be identified, together with such details as dates of erection and demolition, style, and references to illustrations and published descriptions. Besides a concise biography of each architect, the book gives, whenever possible, a brief assessment of the quality of the architect's work. All architectural books published by British architects of the period are listed by author name.
- Author BiographyHoward Colvin is emeritus fellow at St. John's College, Oxford. He is the author of Architecture and the After-Life and Unbuilt Oxford, published by Yale University Press.
- Author(s)Howard Colvin
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication30/05/2008
- Series TitleThe Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1678 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine58 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $64.70Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.