All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLong before sound became an essential part of motion pictures, Westerns were already an established genre. The men and women who brought to life cowboys, cowgirls, villains, sidekicks, distressed damsels and outraged townspeople often continued with their film careers, finding success and fame well into the sound era - always kwing that it was in silent Westerns that their roads to film success began. Over one thousand of these once-silent Western players are featured in this encyclopedia work. The actors are listed alphabetically by last name, and each entry includes a detailed biography, covering both personal and professional milestones in the performer's life. Also included for each actor is a complete Western filmography. The biographies are preceded by a foreword by Diana Serra Cary (formerly the child star 'Baby Peggy'), who performed with many of those included in this dictionary. Full indexing is included.
- Author BiographyThe late George A. Katchmer had a long career as a writer and columnist. He lived in Millersville, Pennsylvania.
- Author(s)George A. Katchmer
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/10/2009
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Note986 photos
- Weight794 g
- Width178 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Foreword byDiana Serra Cary
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.94
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.