About this product
- DescriptionWilliam Blake, poet, artist, and mystic, created a vast multidimensional universe through his verse and art. Spun from a fabric of symbolism and populated by a host of complex characters, Blake s comprehensive world has provided endless inspiration to subsequent generations. For the reader of Blake, background kwledge of his symbolism is a necessity. In this volume, first published in 1965, S. Foster Damon, father of modern Blake studies and a professor at Brown University until his death, has assembled all references to particular symbols or aspects of Blake s work and life, so that readers can see the entire spectrum of Blake s thought on a variety of topics.
- Author BiographyS. FOSTER DAMON (1893-1971) was the father of modern Blake Studies. MORRIS EAVES, University of Rochester, has written numerous books on Blake and is the editor of the William Blake Archive, an online resource.
- Author(s)Stephen Foster Damon
- PublisherBrown University Press
- Date of Publication01/10/1988
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationProvidence, RI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBrown University Press
- Content Note12ill.6figs.
- Weight658 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.37New
- AU $21.29New
- AU $24.95New
- AU $20.04New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.91New
- AU $11.60Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.80New
- AU $32.15New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $19.00Trending at AU $21.29
- AU $79.24Trending at AU $90.81
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.51
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $43.80
- AU $20.19Trending at AU $25.16
- AU $57.72Trending at AU $62.56
- AU $77.29Trending at AU $94.90
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.