All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA Blanding s Turtle ventures across streams, over roads, and through wetlands to find food and a safe place to make a nest, in the third board book in Wildlife on the Move series. A Blanding s Turtle Story follows one turtle through her seasonal cycle of hibernating, foraging, and nesting, with some unexpected challenges and help along the way. Through a simple narrative with beautiful illustrations, young readers will learn about the Blanding s Turtle, behaviors and habitat, threats to its survival, and respectful human interaction to help conserve this rare endangered species. This is the third in a four-part series of board books done in partnership with Maine Audubon. All four are narrative nfiction books about different New England species. This unique series is written and designed specifically for a preschool market; few board books exist that tell conservation stories for this age range. Previous titles include A Swy Owl Story and A Little Brown Bat Story.
- Author BiographyMelissa Kim is the author of eight children s books, one adult guidebook, and countless articles for children s magazines. She has worked as a writer and editor for more than 20 years in New York and London. Currently the children s book editor at Islandport Press, she has a BA from Brown University and a Masters in Journalism from NYU. She has also served as the editor of Habitat, the magazine of the Maine Audubon Society.
- Author(s)Melissa Kim
- PublisherIslandport Press
- Date of Publication10/05/2016
- FormatBoard book
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitleWildlife on the Move
- Series Part/Volume Number03
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIslandport Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width175 mm
- Height175 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Jada Fitch
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.