A Blueprint for a Safer Planet: How to Manage Climate Change and Create a New Era of Progress and Prosperity by Nicholas Stern (Hardback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $21.15+ AU $3.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by rarewaves-outlet
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFurther substantial climate change is unavoidable and the risks to the natural world, the ecomy and our everyday lives are immense. The way we live in the next thirty years - how we invest, use energy, organise transport and treat forests - will determine whether these risks become realities. Although poor countries - the least responsible for climate change - will be hit earliest and hardest, all countries must adapt to the effects: hurricanes and storms strike New Orleans and Mumbai; flooding causes devastation in England and Mozambique; droughts occur in Australia and Darfur; and sea level rise will affect Florida and Bangladesh. Lord Stern, author of the Stern Review on the Ecomics of Climate Change and former Chief Ecomist at the World Bank, is the world's leading authority on what we can do in the face of such unprecedented threat. Action on climate change will require the greatest possible international collaboration, but if successful will ensure t just our future, but our future prosperity. Focusing on the ecomic management of investment and growth from the perspective of both adaptation and mitigation, Stern confronts the most urgent questions facing us w: what is the problem; what are the dangers; what can be done to reduce emissions, at what cost; how can the world adapt; and, what does all this mean for corporations, governments and individuals. A Blueprint for a Safer Planet provides authoritative, inspirational, and hopeful, answers.
- Author BiographyNicholas Stern was Chief Economist and Senior Vice-President of the World Bank from 2000 to 2003. He is currently the I.G. Patel Chair at the London School of Economics, heading the new India Observatory within the Asia Research Centre. He also chairs the Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment. He has served as the Second Permanent Secretary to Her Majesty's Treasury, the Director of Policy and Research for the Prime Minister's Commission for Africa, and the head of the Government Economic Service in the UK.
- Author(s)Nicholas Stern
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication02/04/2009
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Bodley Head Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight529 g
- Width162 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine26 mm
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $21.31New
- AU $24.97New
- AU $20.06New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.93New
- AU $11.61Used
- AU $20.04New
- AU $32.19New
- AU $21.90New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $18.69Trending at AU $21.31
- AU $22.97Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $21.50Trending at AU $23.92
- AU $78.42Trending at AU $90.91
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.56
- AU $21.41Trending at AU $22.76
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $43.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.