About this product
- DescriptionWhen ten-year-old Cora and her family leave their home in Missouri, their hearts are filled with the hopes and dreams of a bright future gleaming with promise and opportunity. But the journey west by wagon train is harsh, and tragedy strikes swiftly and unexpectedly. Now Cora and her father must steel themselves for a different future from what they had carefully planned. How can they move forward when their hearts are broken? But move on they must, and Cora takes comfort in her new baby sister (named Susan after the black-eyed flowers). When Cora learns she and Susan are to be separated at the end of their journey, she looks to the past to help craft a link to their new lives.
- Author(s)Judy Young
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication15/02/2011
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleTales of Young Americans
- Place of PublicationFlorence, KY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSleeping Bear Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width234 mm
- Height282 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)Doris Ettlinger
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.