Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionIn search of my own brand of manhood, I quit school at age 17 and joined the Army. Being stationed in Okinawa working in a clerk's office, where I probably could have spent the rest of my tour but feeling I wanted to do more, I decided at age 18 to sign up for a tour in Vietnam. I have never regretted it. The things I saw and the valuable lessons I learned helped me accomplish what I set out to do, going from a fresh-faced boy to a grown man. Once my tour in Vietnam was over my civilian life just didn't seem to totally fulfill my expectations, so I joined the Army Reserves and eventually became a Drill Instructor, ather decision I have never regretted. The story starts with my restlessness in high school, looking for new and exciting venues than I was experiencing in Indiana. It's the story of my journey from being a young boy in the Midwest to becoming a man in the US Army. I truly believe the Army did help me 'be all I could be.' The book t only looks at my accomplishments but also two failed marriages and how I always felt more anchored in reality while in the military than in the civilian world. While some Vietnam veterans may have come back bitter and disillusioned, I returned home to perhaps a nation that was t so grateful for my service, but I will remain eternally grateful for the experiences I had and would t, to this day, trade even one of them for anything else.
- Author BiographyMy background includes first I served for 3 years, part of which was as a soldier in the regular Army serving in Saigon, Vietnam and later in the Army Reserves, where I served for 24 years, five of the 24 years as a Drill Instructor.
- Author(s)Steven E Weathers
- Date of Publication12/02/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight263 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.