All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.08
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $34.27Trending at AU $40.32
About this product
- DescriptionThe vel A Brief Excursion anchors this collection of fiction by one of the most significant postwar Croatian writers. This vel and six stories, including many from Soljan's first book, Traitors, reveal a sensibility both comic and poignant, devoted to questions of identity and solidarity, of how the one and the many conflict and intermingle-issues that were at the center of both political and literary life for Soljan. Whether fixing up a summerhouse on the Istrian coast or confronting prejudice and the past in a tourist town, Soljan's characters are stirred to action by an undefined longing, only to find the stark landscape of self-kwledge and loss.
- Author BiographyEllen Elias-Bursac teaches in the Department of Slavic Languages and Literature at Harvard University and is co-chairman of the Southeast European Study Group at the Minda de Gunzburg Center for European Studies.
- Author(s)Antun Soljan
- PublisherNorthwestern University Press
- Date of Publication30/04/2000
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationEvanston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorthwestern University Press
- Weight340 g
- Width140 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Translated byEllen Elias-Bursac
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.