Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers an updated look at Israel's tumultuous history. It narrates the complex tale of Israel's people and their modern state, established thousands of years after the destruction of the old one, against the backdrop of exile, anti-Semitism, Zionism, and the Holocaust. A Brief History of Israel, Second Edition explores Israel's history with an emphasis on the period since its independence in 1948. The chrological narration begins with the time of Abraham and the period of the Israelite kingdoms and continues to World War II and the United Nations Partition Plan. This comprehensive reference then examines the independent country of Israel, including the Arab - Israeli conflict, domestic politics, Knesset election results, the ecomy, and international relations. Completely up-to-date, this second edition features a new preface, a revised introduction, a revised glossary of political parties, a new final chapter, and updated appendixes.Its coverage includes: The period since Israel's independence in 1948; The Middle East peace process; Ecomic and political challenges; Israel's withdrawal from the Gaza Strip; The creation of the new Kadima Party and the election of 2006; and, Hamas's election victory and its effect on Israel.
- Author BiographyBernard Reich is professor of political science and international affairs at George Washington University in Washington, D.C., and chairman of advanced area studies at the Department of State's Foreign Service Institute.
- Author(s)Bernard Reich
- PublisherFacts On File Inc
- Date of Publication01/06/2008
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCheckmark Books
- Out-of-print date01/04/2015
- Content Note53 black-&-white photographs, 9 maps, index, bibliography, suggested reading, glossary, chronology, basic facts, sidebars
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.