All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn A Brief History of Modern Psychology, Ludy Benjamin, leading historian in the field, discusses the history of both the science and the practice of psychology since the establishment of the first experimental psychology laboratory in 1879. * Captures the excitement of this pervasive field that features prevalently in modern mass media * Presents facts and interesting tidbits about individual psychologists' lives and ideas, as well as illuminating tie-in's to the social contexts in which they lived * Features widely kwn figures such as William James, Carl Jung, Wilhelm Wundt, G. Stanley Hall, James Catell, John B. Watson, and B.F. Skinner as well as lesser kwn luminaries such as E.B. Titchener, Mary Calkins, Leta Hollingworth, Kenneth and Mamie Clark, and Helen Thompson Wolley * Provides the historical and disciplinary context that will help readers to better understand the richness and complexity of contemporary psychology * Includes discussions of important events, societies, and landmarks in the history of psychology such as the growth of psychological laboratories in the US, the Thayer Conference (the landmark summit which defined school psychology), Kurt Lewin's social action research, and Lewis M. Terman and the Stanford Revision of the Binet-Simon Scale (w the well kwn, Stanford-Binet Intelligence Scale )* Test Bank for instructors with identification, multiple-choice, matching, and essay questions written by Ludy Benjamin available at www.wiley.com/go/benjamin .
- Author BiographyLudy T. Benjamin, Jr. is Professor of Psychology and Educational Psychology at Texas A&M University and is holder of the Glasscock Professorship and a Presidential Professorship in Teaching Excellence. His numerous publications include From Seance to Science: A History of the Profession of Psychology in America (with David Baker, 2004) and A History of Psychology in Letters (second edition 2006, Blackwell).
- Author(s)Ludy T. Benjamin
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication23/06/2006
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Content Note39 illustrations
- Weight368 g
- Width155 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.