All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $19.99
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.85
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionStress: A Brief History is a lively, accessible, and detailed examination of the origins of the field of stress research. This is the first concise, accessible, academically grounded book on the origins of the concept of stress. It explores different theories and models of stress such as the psychosomatic approach, homeostasis, and general adaptation syndrome. The book discusses the work and intriguing contributions of key researchers in the field such as Walter Cann, Hans Selye, Harold Wolff, and Richard Lazarus; explains the origins of key concepts in stress such as stressful life events, the coronary-prone personality, and appraisals and coping; and, culminates in a discussion of what makes a good theory and what obligations stress researchers have to those whose working lives they study.
- Author BiographyCary L. Cooper is Professor of Organizational Psychology and Health at the Manchester School of Management. He is the author of over 100 books, as well as senior co-editor of the Blackwell Encyclopedia of Management (12 volumes, with Chris Argyris). He has been an advisor to the World Health Organisation, two UN bodies, and the International Labor Organisation. Philip Dewe is Professor of Organizational Behaviour and Head of the Organizational Psychology Department at Birkbeck College. He is the author of numerous books and articles, including Organizational Stress (with Cary L. Cooper and Michael P. O'Driscoll, 2001) and Coping, Health and Organisations (edited with Tom Cox and Michael Leiter, 2000).
- Author(s)Cary L. Cooper,Philip Dewe
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication13/04/2004
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleBlackwell Brief Histories of Psychology
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Content Note0
- Weight202 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.