A Brief History of the Private Life of Elizabeth II by Michael Paterson (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $10.97+ AU $7.50 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $9.95Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by bernie3799
- Est. delivery by 12 Dec
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
About this product
- DescriptionElizabeth II is within a few years of becoming the longest-reigning British monarch. A personally quiet, modest and dutiful person, she is far better-informed about the lives of her subjects than they often realize. She has kwn every Prime Minister since Winston Churchill and every American President since Eisenhower.Yet what of the woman behind the crown? The book seeks to take a new look at this exhaustively-documented life and show how Queen Elizabeth became the person she is. Who, and what, have been the greatest influences upon her? What are her likes and dislikes? What are her hobbies? Who are her friends? What does she feel about the demands of duty and protocol? Is she really enjoying herself when she smiles during official events? How differently does she behave when out of the public eye? Examining the places in which she grew up or has lived, the training she received and her attitudes to significant events in national life, it presents a fresh view of one of recent history's most important figures.
- Author BiographyMichael Paterson is a writer and researcher, and has worked at the Imperial War Museum. He is the author of Dickens' London and the Brief History of Life in Victorian Britain.
- Author(s)Michael Paterson
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication19/01/2012
- SubjectBiography: Royalty
- Series TitleBrief Histories
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight206 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.