All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an important study for all those interested in questions about revelation and the nature of Christian theology. The late Professor Gunton asks in this work whether there is more to be said for the tion of Christianity as a 'revealed religion' than some of the more simplified treatments allow. He analyses the concept of revelation, illustrating its importance for understanding even beyond religious purposes. He contends that natural theology and natural revelation are distinct categories and examines why they are so often confused. Revelation is considered in relation to scripture and tradition, and the nature of inspiration. In conclusion he provides an outline of a complete, modern theology of revelation.
- Author BiographyUntil his recent death, Colin Gunton was Professor of Christian Doctrine, King's College, London.
- Author(s)Colin E. Gunton
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication15/05/2005
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintT.& T.Clark Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.19Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.35Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $3.54Trending at AU $7.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.