All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe memoirs of Sir Ian Scott are an important contribution to our understanding of Britain's history from before the Second World War until the late 1960s. Setting down his recollections of a long and distinguished career spent mainly in the Indian Civil Service but also as a Foreign Office official and finally as a British ambassador, Sir Ian paints an entertaining and illuminating picture of many different places. Among the great events which the book covers are the growth of Indian nationalism and the partition of the subcontinent in 1947, as well as the post-war crises in the Congo and Leban. Sir Ian Scott paints vivid portraits of powerful public figures such as Mountbatten, Wavell, Nehru, Jinnah, de Gaulle, Bevan, George Brown and Barbara Castle.
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication31/12/1999
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRadcliffe Press
- Content Note12ill.
- Weight540 g
- Width153 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byDenis Judd
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.