All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs the American Theological Library Association (ATLA) celebrates the important milestone of its 60th anniversary this year, the editors have brought together in a single-volume anthology some of the best contributions to this field. Essays and papers from the past sixty years are grouped into six topical chapters (theological librarianship's characteristics, dimensions, educational role, settings, development within ATLA's sixty years, and most teworthy changes), each of which is introduced by a present-day theological librarian. This collection is likely to be valuable in many ways: as a compendium of wisdom and best practices over several generations, as a means of securing a grasp of how ATLA's importance and influence as an association has grown over time, and even for the way it brings back to light the life and work of so many fine librarians, Raymond Morris (Yale Divinity Library) and Julia Pettee (Union Theological Seminary) among them. Even more important, A Broadening Conversation affirms vividly that (instead of the ethos of tradition and continuity that one might suppose) a mix of trusted routines with perpetual change is what has always been on the menu for theological librarians in their daily work. This is at the heart of what continues to make theological librarianship such a challenging and rewarding vocation.
- Author BiographyMelody Layton McMahon is Catalog Librarian and Liaison to Religious Studies at the Grasselli Library, John Carroll University, University Heights, OH. David R. Stewart is Director of Library Services at Luther Seminary, St. Paul, MN. He was previously Associate Librarian at Princeton Theological Seminary.
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication26/05/2006
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Series TitleATLA Reference and Professional Series
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight549 g
- Width162 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byDavid R. Stewart,Melody Layton Mcmahon
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $91.10
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $24.79Trending at AU $28.00
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $50.31
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.93
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $36.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.