All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionThe colossal scale of World War II required a mobilization effort greater than anything attempted in all of the world's history. The United States had to fight a war across two oceans and three continents--and to do so, it had to build and equip a military that was all but nexistent before the war began. Never in the nation's history did it have to create, outfit, transport, and supply huge armies, navies, and air forces on so many distant and disparate fronts. The Axis powers might have fielded better-trained soldiers, better weapons, and better tanks and aircraft, but they could t match American productivity. The United States buried its enemies in aircraft, ships, tanks, and guns; in this sense, American industry and American workers, won World War II. The scale of the effort was titanic, and the result historic. Not only did it determine the outcome of the war, but it transformed the American ecomy and society. Maury Klein's A Call to Arms is the definitive narrative history of this epic struggle--told by one of America's greatest historians of business and ecomics--and renders the transformation of America with a depth and vividness never available before.
- Author BiographyMaury Klein is renowned as one of the finest historians of American business and economy. He is the author of many books, including The Power Makers: Steam, Electricity, and the Men Who Invented Modern America; and Rainbow's End: The Crash of 1929. He is professor emeritus of history at the University of Rhode Island. He lives in Saunderstown, Rhode Island.
- Author(s)Maury Klein
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing Plc
- Date of Publication16/07/2015
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBloomsbury Press
- Content Note2x 16p b&w insert
- Weight1077 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine64 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.