All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPublished to coincide with Pope Francis's Year of Mercy and the Vatican's canization of Mother Teresa, this new book of unpublished material by a humble yet remarkable woman of faith whose influence is felt as deeply today as it was when she was alive, offers Mother Teresa s profound yet accessible wisdom on how we can show mercy and compassion in our day-to-day lives. For millions of people from all walks of life, Mother Teresa's canization is providentially taking place during Pope Francis's Extraordinary Jubilee of Mercy. This is entirely fitting since she is seen both inside and outside of the Church as an icon of God's mercy to those in need. Compiled and edited by Brian Kolodiejckuk, M.C., the postulator of Mother Teresa s cause for sainthood, A Call to Mercy presents deep yet accessible wisdom on how we can show compassion in our everyday lives. In her own words, Mother Teresa discusses such topics as: the need for us to visit the sick and the imprisoned the importance of horing the dead and informing the igrant the necessity to bear our burdens patiently and forgive willingly the purpose to feed the poor and pray for all the greatness of creating a civilization of love through personal service to others Featuring never before published testimonials by people close to Mother Teresa as well as prayers and suggestions for putting these ideas into practice, A Call to Mercy is t only a lovely keepsake, but a living testament to the teachings of a saint whose ideas are important, relevant and very necessary in the 21st century.
- Author BiographyMOTHER TERESA was born in Skopje (present-day Macedonia) in 1910, and joined the Sisters of Loreto in Dublin in 1928. She left the Loreto order in 1948 to begin the Missionaries of Charity in Calcutta. Her service to the poorest of the poor became her life s work. She was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979. She died in 1997 and was beatified in 2003. FATHER BRIAN KOLODIEJCHUK, M.C. the editor of the New York Times bestseller, Come Be My Light met Mother Teresa in 1977 and was associated with her until her death in 1997. He is postulator of the cause of the beatification and canonization of Mother Teresa of Calcutta and Director of the Mother Teresa Center. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Mother Teresa
- PublisherRandom House Audio Publishing Group
- Date of Publication16/08/2016
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Audio Publishing Group
- Weight249 g
- Width132 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Introduction byBrian Kolodiejchuk
- Read byMark Bramhall,Kimberly Farr
- Contained items statement9 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time660
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $33.46Trending at AU $39.19
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $36.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $19.58
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.20
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $44.96
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $44.33
- AU $28.40Trending at AU $31.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.