All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.76
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionThe twenty-first century is a period of great environmental and social transformation as climate change increasingly marks lives at levels that are personal, familial, communal, national, and global. A Canadian Climate of Mind presents stories that emerge from the waters, lands, and climate of Canada, and which have the potential to renew a compassionate energy for changing human relations with each other and with our world. The turbulent effects of climate change are popularly discussed in the modern language of scientific kwledge, political policies, ecomic mechanisms, and techlogical invation. While there is much to be learned from these views, Timothy Leduc suggests a more profound call for change by returning to past understandings of the land and climate. He argues that the world is initiating us into a broader and humbler sense of what it is to be human in an interconnected reality. The world is doing this by responding to unsustainable practices such as our devastating reliance on fossil fuels. Weaving together voices from numerous backgrounds and time periods with Indigeus views on present and past environmental challenges, A Canadian Climate of Mind illuminates a world that is being shaken to its core while we hesitate to act.
- Author BiographyTimothy B. Leduc is assistant professor of social work at Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Author(s)Timothy B. Leduc
- PublisherMcGill-Queen's University Press
- Date of Publication04/05/2016
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMontreal
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintMcGill-Queen's University Press
- Content Note34 photos
- Weight658 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.