All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $20.05
- AU $30.42Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.14
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a compilation of speeches made in a Sophomore English class for n English majors in a Chinese University. These Students were asked to research a world event that had an impact on them either directly or emotionally. They were only given 1.5 minutes to speak and were to write it in advance for correction and grade. They have been courageous in speaking here. This is a compilation of speeches made in a Sophomore English class for n English majors in a Chinese University. These Students were asked to research a world event that had an impact on them either directly or emotionally. They were only given 1.5 minutes to speak and were to write it in advance for correction and grade. They have been courageous in speaking here and I hope that you the reader will be t only somewhat surprised at what you read but also appreciative of their candid and heart felt opinions. They were all asked the day of the speech if they would like to be published anymously and nearly all agreed. Those who asked t to be published were t included in the book. Please feel free to comment or give your review of this book for them to read as I kw they would love to hear what you the readers have to say. Thank you.
- Author BiographyOscar Benson Oz is my pen name and has been since I was 15. My grandmother didn't like Oscar so she named me Ozzie and my Grandfather called me Oz. I was born in Oklahoma and was the oldest son of a re-tired Army sergeant. I started writing poetry and later after many years of biblical study began to write essays. I have always been a passionate person. I too have always desired to see a better life on our lovely orb not only for myself but for all the people of the world. I served two enlistments in the military. One was in the Navy during the last of the Vietnam War and the other in the National Guard prior to the 1st invasion of Iraq. I believe that there are two schools of wisdom. One is of course the school of hard knocks. The second is by being still and listening to your creator. When you give him your undivided attention he will speak to you and help you to see truths and ways that you never knew existed. I have sought therefore to find the simplest forms of living and life and gone back to the basics in many ways to live my life. When I do this I find that my life takes on a more advantageous stand and then I can tackle the future with fervor. Because I find the best ways in life these days and improve my life dramatically I also am much more able to teach as well. When you have enriched yourself then are you able to enrich others. This was my Grandmother's advice. Today I live and write and love as never before and I hope that what I do will inspire others as well. Please let me know how my writing helps you on your journey when you can. Love to all my readers.
- Author(s)Prof Oscar Benson
- Date of Publication23/01/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight898 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.