All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEdinburgh boasts one of the largest and most diverse collections of art of any city in Britain. In this book, Alyssa Poppiel features a hundred artworks from the city collection, from the Enlightenment to the present day, which feature Edinburgh and its surroundings. All are accompanied by extended captions which set the context and provide a huge amount of lively historical and anecdotal material. Artists include: John Slezer, Paul Sandby, Henry Raeburn, Alexander Nasmyth, Walter Geikie, David Roberts, Sam Bough, John Bell, James Paterson, Francis Cadell, William Crozier, Stanley Cursiter, Jessie M. King, Anne Redpath, John Bellany.
- Author BiographyAlyssa Popiel grew up on Corstorphine Hill, Edinburgh. In her mother's antique shop she discovered strange objects, books of old and listened to many a tale and song. After studying History of Art (MA Hons) at Edinburgh University, she worked as an arts researcher for BBC Scotland. She now works as a freelance researcher.
- Author(s)Alyssa Popiel
- PublisherBirlinn General
- Date of Publication02/05/2014
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBirlinn Ltd
- Out-of-print date27/11/2016
- Content NoteIllustrations (colour)
- Weight1637 g
- Width246 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.