All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.87
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
About this product
- Description...a major contribution to cornett research and belongs in the library of every cornettist. -Historic Brass Society ...scrupulously detailed...The first successful attempt to provide a comprehensive reference book on the cornett and its music. Recommended for both upper-division undergraduate libraries and collections serving music scholars and performers. -Choice ...it will likely stand as the definitive bibliography of cornett music for many years. -Notes ...this is a groundbreaking study of the subject...likely to remain the only major study of the instrument and the music composed for it. -American Reference Books Annual ...every cornett player owes an immense debt of gratitude to [the authors and their assistants] for revealing such a wealth of performing opportunities... -European Journal of Early Music The cornett is made of wood but has a brass cup mouthpiece and uses woodwind finger technique. Here the authors have compiled a bibliography of all extant sources of instrumental and vocal music which specify the cornett.
- Author BiographyMICHAEL COLLVER teaches voice and cornett at the Longy School of Music. He concertizes and records both as a cornett player and as a singer with Project Ars Nova. BRUCE DICKEY teaches cornett at the Schola Cantorum Basiliensis and is an active concert and recording artist. He is author of many articles on the cornett and on early music performance practices.
- Author(s)Bruce Dickey,Michael Collver
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication01/06/1996
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitlePublications of the Early Music Institute
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width3963 mm
- Height5969 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.