All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMany managers who believe themselves to be religious are all too willing to check their religion at the door of their workplaces. They may simply be igrant of the implications of their faith for their business practices. Catholic teaching on business and ecomics has been described (with intentional irony) as the Church's best kept secret. The Catholic Church has over the years developed extensive and detailed guidance for many areas of business. But this guidance is often buried within lengthy teaching documents that may t be easily accessible to the busy executive. Answers to specific moral questions may be tough to find. A Catechism for Business presents the teachings of the Catholic Church as they relate to more than one hundred specific and challenging moral questions that have been asked by business leaders. Andrew V. Abela and Joseph E. Capizzi have assembled the relevant quotations from recent Catholic social teaching as responses to these questions. Questions and answers are grouped under major topics such as marketing, finance, and investment. Business ethics questions can be too subtle for definitive yes / answers, so the book offers more and less than church teaching on each particular question. Where the church has offered definitive answers, the book provides them. When the church has t, the book offers guidelines for reflection and insights into what one should consider in given situations. The book's easy-to-use question and answer approach invites quick reference for tough questions and serves as a basis for reflection and deeper study in the rich Catholic tradition of social doctrine.
- Author BiographyDr. Andrew V. Abela is the Dean of the School of Business & Economics at the Catholic University of America. Dr. Joseph E. Capizzi is the Director of Moral Theology in the School of Theology and Religious Studies at the Catholic University of America.
- Author(s)Andrew V. Abela,Joseph E. Capizzi
- PublisherThe Catholic University of America Press
- Date of Publication30/03/2014
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe Catholic University of America Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight234 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.