All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book makes use of cellular communication principles to present a concise and accessible counseling model for marriage couples as well as individuals in any covenant based relationship (nucleus family, church family, synagogue, & etc). The counseling model was derived from a special population: African American Pentecostal-Apostolic (AAP-A) clergy couples. A brief comprehension of AAP-A clergy couples uniqueness is presented as a self-understanding profile for counseling considerations. The Biblical theme of expressive love serves as an overarching framework for understanding the personhood in need as well as the key to maintaining marital health. The concept of love as a therapeutic essential is highlighted by sampling views and uses of love by prominent pioneers of psychology. Family systems theory provides a suitable framework for underscoring expressive love in a counseling context. Although the marriage counseling model is derived from a special population, it is adaptable for use with all married couples. Since expressive love is at the heart of this model, the approach is suitable for assisting anyone desiring to discover the true foundation of a wholesome and lasting marriage. Christian workers would benefit from the use of the Biblical based Love Communication Tower, as a means of improving communication within the fellowship. The model is also adaptable for aiding individuals experiencing a breakdown or blockage in communication, to begin to reestablish healthy communication.
Dr. R.L. Parson Sr. is a marriage counselor, and senior Pastor of The Living Church Of Our Lord Jesus Christ Of The Apostolic Faith Inc., Charlotte North Carolina. Also, Ronnie is an Associate Professor of Religious Studies at William L. Bonner College, Columbia, South Carolina, where he also teaches Pastoral Counseling. He received his Doctorate of Ministry in Marriage and Family Counseling from Gordon Conwell Theological seminary in Charlotte, North Carolina. He presently resides in Charlotte, with his wife, friend, confidant, and greatest supporter, Rubina B. Parson.
- Author(s)Dr Ronnie L Parson
- PublisherOutskirts Press
- Date of Publication30/03/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOutskirts Press
- Weight222 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.