All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs the values of integrative medicine continues to grow, alternative points of view and treatments are increasing in acceptance and prevalence. Homeopathic medicine is considered an important root to this approach. However, contributions of homeopathically qualified doctors have long been overlooked. A Century of Homeopaths is a detailed account of the many homeopaths who have contributed to medical progress since 1840. The accomplishments of over 100 homeopaths form the organizing structure of the book - many of whom have been lost to history. The text describes the ways in which homeopaths have influenced medical practice, research and public health, as well as the seminal effect of homeopaths in the emergence of today's medical specialties and in social reform, thus providing insights to healthcare professionals, researchers, students and medical historians.
- Author BiographyJonathan Davidson, MD Emeritus Professor Department of Psychiatry Duke University Medical Center Extensive record of publishing - over 400 peer reviewed scientific papers, over 50 book chapters. Sole author or co-author of The Anxiety Book (Penguin Putnam/Riverside, 2003), Downing Street Blues: A Historical Account of Depression and Other Mental Afflictions in British Prime Ministers (McFarland Publishing Co., 2011), Herbs for the Mind (Guilford Publications, 2000), Posttraumatic Stress Disorder: DSM-IV and Beyond (American Psychiatric Publishing, 1993), Post-traumatic Stress Disorder: Diagnosis, Management and Treatment (Martin Dunitz, 2000) and other books on anxiety for clinical practitioners. Principal investigator of many federally- and pharmaceutically-funded studies. Over 800 talks and presentations. Dr. Davidson is a medically qualified author with extensive experience in the clinical practice of medicine, a productive academic teaching and research record. His qualifications and stature are established in complementary medicine, including homeopathy and herbal medicine.
- Author(s)Jonathan Davidson
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication19/08/2016
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note95 black & white illustrations, 14 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight562 g
- Width210 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2014
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $22.76Trending at AU $23.86
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.