All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA must read for every citizen on this planet... -- Amazon Customer A must read... -- Ahmed M. Alrayes One of the best books i ever read. -- Abdulmuhsen S Al Meshaan .. .this clearly written book is a must read -- Jose Ewerton My many thanks to Mr. Engdhal for his monumental work. -- Rugambwa Smart Read this book -- K. W. Tighe Great book! -- Remo Williams Fascinating information -- Goodview Excellent book. -- Gospi Great book... -- Peter B. Five Stars -- No Name Great Facts... -- champ This book has become an international best-seller and appears in fourteen foreign languages. It details the emergence of the United States through the control of one commodity, oil. It traces that rise from the end of the 19th century, through two world wars to the endless wars of today over oil. Here's some of what you will learn: + How Churchill and the British Navy shaped the events that led to World War I and the hidden role of control of Middle East oil behind the war. + How the British manipulated the 1919 Mandate to control Palestine, the Balfour Declaration, Sykes-Picot and the 1919 carve up the Middle East in a manner that haunts the world to this day. + Why Iran's Mossadegh had to be toppled by the CIA in the 1950'S to preserve Anglo-American oil control. + The real reason the CIA toppled France's President de Gaulle in May 1968 + The secret origins of the post-1973 oil shocks and the Petro-dollar to replace the gold-backed dollar. + The real background to the toppling of Saddam Hussein going back to the 1990s. + The actual hidden role for control of world oil behind the post-911 US War on Terror. This is a story about power, power over entire nations and continents. The story describes the vehicle to that unparalleled power over nations, oil, and the vital role it has played in peace as well as wars in the past century. Henry Kissinger, the former American Secretary of State put it succinctly during the first oil shock of the early 1970's. He declared, Control the oil and you control entire nations. A thin red line runs through the history of the world since Fashoda, and that is covered in oil and blood. This book is t for the faint of heart, but it is meant to provoke reflection and discussion among those who can see beyond the daily media manipulation of reality that is called news.
- Author BiographyF. William Engdahl is author of the best-selling book on oil and geopolitics, A Century of War: Anglo-American Oil Politics and the New World Order, has been published in eight languages. He is one of the more widely discussed analysts of current political and economic developments, and his articles and analyses have appeared in numerous newspapers and magazines and well-known international websites. In addition to discussing oil geopolitics and energy issues, he has written on issues of agriculture, GATT, WTO, IMF, energy, politics and economics for more than 30 years, beginning the first oil shock and world grain crisis in the early 1970's. His book, 'Seeds of Destruction: The Hidden Agenda of Genetic Manipulation documents the attempt to control world food supply and populations. He is a winner of the 'Project Censored Award' for Top Censored Stories for 2007-08.
- Author(s)F William Engdahl
- Date of Publication21/02/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.97
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.