Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionEnvironmental change presents a new context and new opportunities for transformational change. This timely book will inspire new ways of understanding the relationship between environmental change and human security. A Changing Environment for Human Security: Transformative Approaches to Research, Policy and Action both supports and informs a call for new, transformative approaches to research, policy and action. The chapters in this book include critical analyses, case studies and reflections on contemporary environmental and social challenges, with a strong emphasis on those related to climate change. Human thoughts and actions have contributed to an environment of insecurity, manifested as multiple interacting threats that w represent a serious challenge to humanity. Yet humans also have the capacity to collectively transform the ecomic, political, social and cultural systems and structures that perpetuate human insecurities. These fresh perspectives on global environmental change from an interdisciplinary group of international experts will inspire readers - whether students, researchers, policy makers, or practitioners - to think differently about environmental issues and sustainability. The contributions show that in a changing environment, human security is t only a possibility, but a choice.
- Author BiographyLinda Sygna is a Project Leader at the Department of Sociology and Human Geography, University of Oslo, Norway. Karen O'Brien is a Professor of Human Geography at the Department of Sociology and Human Geography, University of Oslo, Norway. Johanna Wolf is an Associate Faculty Member at Royal Roads University, Canada, and Visiting Fellow at the Tyndall Centre for Climate Change Research, UK.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication13/06/2013
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEarthscan Ltd
- Content Note39 black & white illustrations, 12 black & white tables
- Weight771 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byJohanna Wolf,Karen L. O'Brien,Linda Sygna
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.