A Chick in the Cockpit: My Life Up in the Air by Erika Armstrong (Paperback / softback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $21.96Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $44.48+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLadies and gentlemen, welcome aboard your flight. As you step onto my aircraft, take a quick glance into the cockpit. Yep, that s me sitting in the captains seat, and that s my first officer laughing about how he accidentally locked himself out of his hotel room. Naked. Again. We re both a little ripe from flying for the last five days, but we re still smiling because we have spent years and thousands of hours training and living an uncommon lifestyle to be up here for you. For the next few hours, you have to turn your life over to us. It s hard to trust others, and there are moments when you don t have a choice about being in control. During those moments, you ll just have to tighten your seatbelt and trust that others will get you through the storm. Our route today will take you through a segment of my life up in the air, and you will see things you could never imagine. Since I have been locked in the cockpit with men for several thousands of hours over the years, I have been given a perspective few get to experience. To help you see a different perspective, too, I am giving you a checklist to use as we move along our route. It will take you from gate to gate, and when we re done, we will have both learned a little more about what it takes to fly. Nowjust sit back and relax. It s going to be a bumpy ride. Erika Armstrong has worked every aspect of aviation in her twenty-five years in the industry, including an international corporate airline captain. She is an award-winning staff writer for Colorado Serenity Magazine and is a professional pilot columnist for Disciples of Flight, NYC Aviation, Contrails, Flying, LinkedIn, and Business Insider and is the owner of Leading Edge Aviation Consulting.
- Author BiographyWith twenty-five years in the aviation industry, Erika Armstrong has worked in every aspect of aviation, and is the first modern woman airline captain of a commercial Boeing 727 to write a book about her experiences.She is an award winning staff writer for Colorado Serenity magazine and is also a contributing writer for Mountain Connection, General Aviation magazine and former editor/writer for Air Line Pilot Association. Most uniquely, Erika was an international corporate, airline, Red Cross and 24-hour air ambulance pilot/captain. Even though she isn t currently flying the heavy iron, she is entrenched in aviation. Erika owns Leading Edge Aviation Consulting and is currently a flight coordinator for International Jet Aviation Services.
- Author(s)Erika Armstrong
- PublisherBehler Publications
- Date of Publication10/11/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBehler Publications
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width140 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.