All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGot a little space and a hankering for fresh eggs? Robert and Hannah Litt have dispensed advice to hundreds of urban and suburban chicken-keepers from behind their perch at Portland s Urban Farm Store, and w they re ready to help you go local and sustainable with your own backyard birds. In this handy guide to breeds, feed, coops, and care, the Litts take you under their experienced wings and share the secrets to: Picking the breeds that are right for you Building a sturdy coop in one weekend for $100 Raising happy and hearty chicks Feeding your flock for optimal health and egg nutrition Preventing and treating common chicken diseases Planning ahead for family, neighborhood, and legal considerations Whipping up tasty egg recipes from flan to frittata With everything that first-timers will need to get started along with expert tips for more seasoned keepers this colorful, nuts-and-bolts manual proves that keeping chickens is all it s cracked up to be.
- Author BiographyRobert and Hannah Litt are the founders of the Urban Farm Store in Portland, Oregon. They ve been featured on Planet Green s Renovation Nation, National Public Radio, and Oregon Public Broadcasting, and Robert was recently named to Food & Wine magazine s 40 Big Food Thinkers Under 40. Visit www.urbanfarmstore.com and www.achickenineveryyard.com.
- Author(s)Hannah Litt,Robert Litt
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication22/03/2011
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTen Speed Press
- Out-of-print date23/11/2015
- Content Note60 Full Colour Photographs Plus Illustrations
- Weight708 g
- Width165 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.