All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.74Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe history of adoption from 1918-1945, detailing the rise of adoption, the growth of adoption societies and considering the increasing emphasis on secrecy in adoption. Analyses adoption law from legalization in 1926, to regulation and reform in the 1930s, with regulations finally being enforced in 1943 amid concern about casual wartime adoptions.
- Author BiographyJENNY KEATING has degrees from Sussex University, UK, and Monash University, Australia. She has been a museum curator, teacher, advice worker and journalist, and while living in Australia, worked as a commissioned historian. Since returning to the UK, she has completed a DPhil and is currently researching the history of history-teaching in schools.
- Author(s)Dr. Jenny Keating
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication11/12/2008
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight490 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.