A Child's Introduction to Art: The World's Greatest Paintings and Sculptures by Heather Alexander (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $23.86Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 13 Feb
- AU $405.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe newest volume in Black Dog's best-selling, award-winning Child's Introduction series explores the fascinating world of art and artists and includes do-it-yourself art projects throughout.In the tradition of Black Dog's best-selling Child's Introduction books, which include The Story of the Orchestra and A Child's Introduction to the Night Sky, A Child's Introduction to Art introduces kids ages 9 through 12 to the art world's most famous painters, styles, and periods, all brought to life through full-color photographs of 40 masterpieces, as well as charming original illustrations.The book highlights 40 painters and sculptors, including Leonardo da Vinci, Claude Monet, Diego Velasquez, Vincent van Gogh, Salvador Dali, Mary Cassatt, and Andy Warhol, providing information on their life, inspirations, influences, technique, and a full-color photo of one of their signature works of art. It also includes an overview of various styles and periods (Renaissance, Impressionism, Cubism, etc.), instruction on how to view and appreciate art, and information on the color wheel and other tools artists employ.Fun art projects throughout, such as Can You Find It?, Q-tip pointillism, making a stained-glass window with tissue paper, and Spatter Paint like Pollock, allow kids to learn about painting techniques and explore their own artistic abilities. Also includes five masterpiece paintings to color.Meredith Hamilton's witty illustrations add ather dimension to the excellent text and photographs.
- Author BiographyHeather Alexander (Author) Heather Alexander has written numerous books for children and young adults including previous titles in this series, A Child's Introduction to the World, A Child's Introduction to Greek Mythology, and A Child's Introduction to Art. She is a former book editor and lives in Basking Ridge, NJ. Meredith Hamilton has illustration the previous eight books in the Child's Intro series. Her other illustration work includes apps for children, cookbooks, and Steuben glass. She lives in Brooklyn, NY. Meredith Hamilton (Author) Meredith Hamilton graduated from Brown University and has an MFA from the School of Visual Arts. Formerly an art director at Newsweek and Time, she illustrated the previous six books in the Child's Introduction series, among other books, and her work can be found in magazines and animations as well. She lives in Brooklyn, New York, with her husband and three children.Laura Lee is currently producing a U.S. tour of the Russian Classical Ballet. She is the author of The Encyclopedia of Aggravation and The Elvis Impersonation Kit, both available from Black Dog & Leventhal.
- Author(s)Heather Alexander
- PublisherBlack Dog & Leventhal Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/05/2014
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBlack Dog & Leventhal Publishers Inc
- Content Noteillustrations (colour)
- Weight754 g
- Width263 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Illustrator(s)Meredith Hamilton
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.