All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe latest volume in Black Dog's successful book-and-CD series combines the mesmerizing stories of the world's great ballets with fun facts, dancing how-tos, history, profiles- all accompanied by charming original watercolors. From Swan Lake and The Nutcracker to Peter and the Wolf and Fancy Free, the of twenty-five of the world's best-loved ballets are told, accompanied by corresponding tracks on an enclosed CD. These are the charming stories that bring ballet to life on the stage, along with the music that has made them into enduring classics. Surrounding the stories is a captivating, illustrated history of ballet, each page filled with information, artwork, and profiles of the world's great dancers, choreographers, and composers. There are even instructions on ballet positions and the key moves that every dancer needs to kw. The musical selections included on the CD are keyed to specific points in the text, making the book uniquely interactive, educational, and fun.
- Author BiographyMeredith Hamilton (Author) Meredith Hamilton graduated from Brown University and has an MFA from the School of Visual Arts. Formerly an art director at Newsweek and Time, she illustrated the previous six books in the Child's Introduction series, among other books, and her work can be found in magazines and animations as well. She lives in Brooklyn, New York, with her husband and three children.Laura Lee is currently producing a U.S. tour of the Russian Classical Ballet. She is the author of The Encyclopedia of Aggravation and The Elvis Impersonation Kit, both available from Black Dog & Leventhal. Laura Lee (Author) Laura Lee is currently producing a U.S. tour of the Russian Classical Ballet. She is the author of The Encyclopedia of Aggravation and The Elvis Impersonation Kit, both available from Black Dog & Leventhal.
- Author(s)Laura Lee
- PublisherBlack Dog & Leventhal Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication26/04/2007
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBlack Dog & Leventhal Publishers Inc
- Content Note100 full colour illustrations
- Weight766 g
- Width264 mm
- Height261 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Meredith Hamilton
- Contained items statementContains Hardback and CD-ROM
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.