All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionResearcher Jonathan Greaves was amazed to discover in his Great-Grandfather's WWI diary, a rich treasure that warranted transcribing for others to read. A Christian in Khaki is an authentic first hand account of a WWI soldier's experiences as a gunner with the Royal Garrison Artillery in 1917-1918 in Egypt and Palestine. He records the sights and sounds of the countries, culture and companions he encounters, as well as personal observations about the war and campaign itself. He eloquently describes everyday life away from frontline action and offers a unique insight into the inner thoughts, feelings and spirituality of a Christian believer called up to serve his country at an older age than many. Fascinating for a wide range of readers, a Christian in Khaki is only partly an account of war, and more a record of a journey: both geographical and spiritual, through the hardships of troop life in one of the most decisive campaigns of World War I. It includes a Biographical sketch of Philip Bryant's life and a reflection on his life and devotion.
- Author BiographyJonathan Greaves is a graduate of University Wales, Cardiff, and has been the Minister of Monmouth Baptist Church since 1999. He is married with 4 daughters and takes an interest in history, music and geocaching.
- Author(s)Jonathan Greaves
- Date of Publication02/11/2014
- SubjectMilitary History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note9 black and white photograph diary
- Weight272 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Foreword byKaren Smith
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.99Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.