All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe story begins in a modest home in early Edwardian Leeds, where the Prideaux family await a surprise event on Christmas Day 1902. The story takes the reader from 1902 to 1993 in a short story and gives a flavour of what Christmas meant to Clifford and his family. A Christmas Story gives a flavour of the times prior to the Great War for those with money and property. What the family had, was love for each other and that love cant be exaggerated. A A Prideaux has written about each of her Prideaux ancestors from 1040 to the present day. She has traced every one of them through research and discovered where and how they lived. A A Prideaux has travelled miles in this search. She has old books, family documents and stories which have helped her in the conclusions drawn. Clifford Prideaux and her mother were responsible for setting the fire in her soul that turned into a Prideaux obsession. A Christmas Story is one of her fictionalised tales which draw on kwn facts. In this case, the story is written with personal experience of the author. This Clifford Prideaux (1902-1963) story takes us to Leeds and a tiny stone cottage full of love and warmth. These stories bring the Prideauxs to life, giving them personalities and allowing the reader to kw them as people, t just names. A Christmas Story is about my grandma and grandad. Christmas was always a special time for Grandad Clifford. It's magic ran through his veins from the first day. Clifford was a kind man, but also a mystical one. Even after his death, he has visited his family on many occasions. I think of him as a hermit character, cloaked and walking with a long staff. He appeared in his role of Clifford for only 60 years before he returned to being the hermit. A A Prideaux.
- Author BiographyA A Prideaux has Cornish beginnings and currently lives in North Wales following several adventures and moves around the British Isles. Although writing fills up her days, she still spends as much time as possible roaming Cornwall and researching the family history. A A Prideaux has traced her line back almost 1000 years to Paganus Prideaux. She rides and trains her horses to have a cushy life and ensures her dogs are able to sleep on the sofa watching television as much as possible. Shudder was published in 2013 and the small market town of Bramley, Leeds was used as the stage setting for the unusual story. This was Bramley as it was prior to the redevelopment which occurred during the 60s and 70s. The story came to A A Prideaux in a dream. She felt that she should write it down so that she would be able to close the book and keep it in the freezer if necessary. Why? To keep Shudder away... The Specials is a murder mystery and is the first book about the detectives featured in the story. A A Prideaux intends to bring the murder team back to solve further mysteries. The Bishop and the Witch is about an ancestor of AA Prideaux, and the fictionalized version of a witch trial he was involved in. A A Prideaux is fanatical, almost obsessive about her history and already shares freely much of the information she has discovered about the Prideaux line on her website, www.aaprideaux.com. Bishop John Prideaux is the star of this full length novel, but other members of her ancestors are having part of their lives told in the short story series about the family currently being published. A Ghost Story is the first in this series. It may seem odd to begin with the 1505 ancestor, but the release date was Halloween and his story fit. There will be 30 odd short stories ultimately, ranging from 1040 to the present day. A Christmas Story is features another ancestor. The Nirvana series are self help books instructing in the use of the power of imagination in successfully creating your world.
- Author(s)A. A. Prideaux
- PublisherPaganus Publishing
- Date of Publication26/10/2015
- SubjectHorror & Ghost Stories
- Place of PublicationRuthin
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPaganus Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight77 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine4 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $55.12Trending at AU $56.52
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.21
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $63.70
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $47.07Trending at AU $49.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.