Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionThe landed gentry played a significant role in the history of Kildare. The highly impressive houses throughout the county stand as testimony to this. There has always been a deep fascination in 'The Big House' - the families living there, their treatment of the peasants, and their eventual fall. The Gentry of Kildare is a fascinating exploration into the lives of a number of gentry families, their rise and their demise. This study of the landed gentry is a wonderful read from both an historical as well as a local point of view.
- Author BiographyCon Costello is well known in Kildare for his passion for history. He is well respected for his dedication to the heritage of Ireland, especially his home county of Kildare. Con is a well-established writer of history, having been awarded a PhD by the National University of Ireland, for his thesis on the history of the British Army on the Curragh. He has also been published on several occasions and edited the journal of the County Kildare Archaeological Society for some thirty years.
- Author(s)Con Costello
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication30/07/2004
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNonsuch Publishing
- Content Note60
- Weight320 g
- Width172 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.