All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith an increasing number of referrals to treat balance impairment, gait disorders, and dizziness, A Clinician's Guide to Balance and Dizziness: Evaluation and Treatment by Dr. Charles M. Plishka looks to address these issues and provides tests, measures, and interventions that are matched to research studies when available, for evidence-based practice. It begins with a review of the anatomy and physiology of the systems used to balance. With a basic understanding of how we balance, the signs and symptoms of patients will be understood with much greater ease. A Clinician's Guide to Balance and Dizziness enables the reader to perform a complete and thorough evaluation and helps to provide treatment options for identified deficits that place the patient at risk for falls. Along with numerous diagrams and photos, this text comes with access to a web site containing video clips that demonstrate key evaluation and treatment techniques. The result will be a better evaluation, treatment plan, and outcome. Topics and Features Include: * How do we balance? * Tests to evaluate the balance-impaired patient * Tests and interventions for conditions such as Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV), Vestibular Loss, and the central and peripheral causes of dizziness. * Therapy treatments* How to instructions throughout* Companion web site with video clips demonstrating evaluation and treatments* A Clinician's Guide to Balance and Dizziness: Evaluation and Treatment is an easy-to-use reference perfect for physical therapy students and clinicians, as well as vestibular and balance therapy specialists, occupational therapists, athletic trainers, and audiologists.
- Author BiographyCharles M. Plishka, PT, DPT earned his Doctor of Physical Therapy degree from Creighton University in Omaha, NE. He is the owner of Posture & Balance Concepts, LLC, which offers consulting services, program development, and continuing education courses. He teaches courses on vestibular therapy, evaluation and treatment of balance and dizziness, Parkinson s disease, and multiple sclerosis. Dr. Plishka is a member of the American Physical Therapy Association and is involved with the Vestibular Special Interest Group and the Mentoring Sub-committee of the Neurology Section of that organization. He is also a member of the Barany Society, which is the International Society for Neuro-Otology. He is excited to present A Clinician s Guide to Balance and Dizziness: Evaluation and Treatment as an easy-to-use reference and instruction for clinicians who evaluate and treat those patients suffering from dizziness and/or disequilibrium.
- Author(s)Charles M. Plishka
- PublisherSLACK Incorporated
- Date of Publication30/05/2015
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationThorofare
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSLACK Incorporated
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.97
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.