All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.49
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.88
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.78
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.50
About this product
- DescriptionMaybe it was a professor, a friend or an uncle. A mentor who understood you and guided you to understand your own life. For Jake Newfield that person was Kal, his Grandfather. Perhaps you, like Jake, lost track of life s meaning as you progressed in your career and developed as an adult. Perhaps you wish w you could go back and have the chance to speak with that mentor. As Jake learned, Kal's life wasn't easy; he grew up in extreme poverty in Manhattan during the height of the depression, and he lost his only son. When Kal and his wife Ethel moved into an assisted living facility near Boston, Jake realized that Kal was in the final stages of his life and began visiting Kal every Sunday evening. The weekly meetings continued for almost three years, and changed the lives of both Kal and Jake. While cleaning out Kal's old apartment, Jake found a journal that Kal had written over fifty years ago while in a psychiatric hospital. The journal entries, combined with Kal's own recollections, enabled Jake to get a clear understanding of Kal's past. In doing so, Jake was able to understand his own life more fully, and reach conclusions about life's meaning. Not everyone spends time thinking about what they want out of life. Instead, they live it, look back, draw conclusions about what they did right or wrong, and close the curtain. Through his discussions, Jake learned Kal's past, his regrets, and his secrets, which made a significant impact on how he views relationships and life.
- Author BiographyJake Newfield is the Vice President of Business Development at Alumnify, an alumni engagement app backed by 500 Startups in Silicon Valley. Jake is also a writer for The Huffington Post, Elite Daily, and Tech.co, where he writes about business psychology, relationships, and entrepreneurship. Jake graduated from Brandeis University in 2013 with concentrations in psychology, philosophy, and legal studies. In his spare time, Jake trains for and competes in Ironman Triathlons. He is from Needham, Massachusetts, where he grew up with his siblings Jessica, Michael, and Talia, and his parents Lisa and Craig. Jake still engages in weekly conversations with Kal, every Sunday evening.
- Author(s)Jake Newfield
- Date of Publication18/02/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight204 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.