Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $85.84
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.53
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.61
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.80
About this product
- DescriptionA dark and unsettling tale from a bold voice in horror writing, British writer Alison Littlewood's first vel was decreed hugely enjoyable--perfect reading for a dark winter's night, by the influential Richard & Judy Book Club. A scary read that will chill you to the bone, said Library Journal. After the battlefront death of her husband, a soldier, in the sands of the Middle East, a distraught Cass decides to move to the bucolic village of Darnshaw--a place she once knew and loved--with her teenaged son, with the hope that a change in scenery will be just the thing to help her family heal. But the locals aren't as friendly as she had hoped and the Internet connection isn't as reliable as her work requires. Ben begins to display an uncharacteristic hostility. A blizzard strikes Darnshaw, marooning it in a sea of sw, and Cass begins to despair. She finds a sympathetic ear in the person of her son's substitute teacher. But his attentions can't put to rest her growing anxiety about her son and her business. And soon, she finds herself pitted against dark forces she can barely comprehend. The cold season has begun. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyAlison Littlewood's debut novel, A Cold Season, was selected for the Richard and Judy Book Club, where it was described as perfect reading for a dark winter's night. Her second novel, Path of Needles, is a dark blend of crime and fairy tales. Littlewood's short stories have been picked for The Best Horror of the Year and The Mammoth Book of Best New Horror anthologies, as well as The Best British Fantasy 2013 and The Mammoth Book of Best British Crime 10. Other publication credits include the anthologies Terror Tales of the Cotswolds, Where Are We Going? and Never Again. She now lives and writes near Wakefield, West Yorkshire.
- Author(s)Alison Littlewood
- PublisherQuercus NA
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHorror & Ghost Stories
- Place of PublicationNY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQuercus NA
- Weight318 g
- Width140 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.