All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA Collection of all the Wills Now Kwn to Be Extant, of the Kings and Queens of England, Princes and Princesses of Wales, and every Branch of the Blood Royal, from the Reign of William the Conqueror, to that of Henry the Seventh Exclusive: With Explanatory Notes and a Glossary These wills of members of the English Royalty from William the Conqueror through Henry VII are in their original language and often have brief introductions, antations and postscripts in English. With a Glossary and Additional Observations and Corrections. These wills of members of the English Royalty from William the Conqueror through Henry VII are in their original language and often have brief introductions, antations and postscripts in English. With a Glossary and Additional Observations and Corrections. This series of miscellaneous and different wills presents us with many curious particulars. We learn from them more of the manners and private life of our illustrious ancestors, some new facts in their public history, and several new descents in their pedigrees. The prospect of death sets their lives in a new point of light. --Preface, v JOHN NICHOLS [1745-1826], a London printer and publisher, was editor of the Gentleman's Magazine from 1788 until his death. His table works include The Original Works of William King (1776) and British Topography (1780, with Richard Gough). He was a fellow of London's Society of Antiquaries and an horary member of similar societies in Edinburgh and Perth. RICHARD GOUGH [1735-1809] was an eminent antiquarian. A regular correspondent of the Gentleman's Magazine, he was the author of numerous works including Sepulchral Monuments of Great Britain (1786) and an edition of Camden's Britannia (1789). Like Nichols, he was a fellow of London's Society of Antiquaries. He bequeathed his important library to Oxford's Bodleian Library.
- Author(s)John Nichols,Richard Gough
- PublisherLawbook Exchange, Ltd.
- Date of Publication16/07/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Royalty
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLawbook Exchange, Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight662 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $6.15New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.