A Colossal Failure of Common Sense: The Inside Story of the Collapse of Lehman Brothers by Patrick Robinson, Lawrence G McDonald (Paperback / softback)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $17.89Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the biggest questions of the financial crisis has t been answered until w. What happened at Lehman Brothers and why was it allowed to fail, with aftershocks that rocked the global ecomy? In this news-making, often astonishing book, a former Lehman Brothers Vice President gives us the straight answers right from the belly of the beast. In A Colossal Failure of Common Sense, Larry McDonald, a Wall Street insider, reveals, the culture and unspoken rules of the game like book has ever done. The book is couched in the very human story of Larry McDonald s Horatio Alger-like rise from a Massachusetts gateway to where housing project to the New York headquarters of Lehman Brothers, home of one of the world s toughest trading floors. We get a close-up view of the participants in the Lehman collapse, especially those who saw it coming with a helpless, angry certainty. We meet the Brahmins at the top, whose reckless, pedal-to-the-floor addiction to growth finally demolished the nation s oldest investment bank. The Wall Street we encounter here is a ruthless place, where brilliance, arrogance, ambition, greed, capacity for relentless toil, and other human traits combine in a potent mix that sometimes fuels prosperity but occasionally destroys it. The full significance of the dissolution of Lehman Brothers remains to be measured. But this much is certain: it was a devastating blow to America s and the world s financial system. And it need t have happened. This is the story of why it did. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyLAWRENCE G. McDONALD is a managing director of Pangea Capital Management LP. He was, until 2008, vice president of distressed debt and convertible securities trading at Lehman Brothers. He ran an extremely successful joint venture between the firm s fixed income and equity divisions and was one of Lehman s most consistently profitable traders. McDonald is also cofounder of Convertbond.com, named by Forbes magazine as Best of the Web from 2000 to 2003, specifically citing it as the Web s premier source for convertible securities information, valuation, and news. PATRICK ROBINSON wrote Lone Survivor with the U.S. Navy SEAL Marcus Luttrell. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Lawrence G McDonald,Patrick Robinson
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Weight277 g
- Width135 mm
- Height202 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.