All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn October 1869, workers unearthed what appeared to be a petrified ten-foot giant on a remote farm in upstate New York. The discovery caused a sensation, and over the next several months, newspapers devoted daily headlines to the story and tens of thousands of Americans flocked to see the giant on exhibition. Ultimately, the discovery proved to be an elaborate hoax. Still, the story of the Cardiff Giant reveals many things about America in the post-Civil War years. The story of the Cardiff Giant sheds light on a complicated, mysterious past.
- Author BiographyScott Tribble is a freelance journalist in the fields of American history, music, and sports.
- Author(s)Scott Tribble
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication16/11/2010
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight485 g
- Width144 mm
- Height223 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $34.01Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.