Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $288.68+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionA Companion to Folklore presents an original and comprehensive collection of essays from international experts in the field of folklore studies. Unprecedented in depth and scope, this state-of-the-art collection uniquely displays the vitality of folklore research across the globe. * An unprecedented collection of original, state of the art essays on folklore authored by international experts * Examines the practices and theoretical approaches developed to understand the phemena of folklore * Considers folklore in the context of multi-disciplinary topics that include poetics, performance, religious practice, myth, ritual and symbol, oral textuality, history, law, politics and power as well as the social base of folklore * Selected by Choice as a 2013 Outstanding Academic Title
- Author BiographyRegina Bendix is Professor of Cultural Anthropology/European Ethnology at Georg-August-University in Gottingen, Germany. She is the author of In Search of Authenticity, and has co-edited Pradikat Heritage (with Dorothee Hemme and Markus Tauschek), Cultural Property: Forschungsperspektiven (with Kilian Bizer and Stefan Groth), and Culture and Property (Special Issue of Ethnologia Europaea, co-edited with Valdimar Hafstein). Galit Hasan-Rokem is Max and Margarethe Grunwald Professor of Folklore, and Professor of Hebrew Literature at the Mandel Institute of Jewish Studies at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. She is the author of Web of Life: Folklore and Midrash in Rabbinic Literature, and Tales of the Neighborhood: Jewish Narrative Dialogues in Late Antiquity. She is a published poet in Hebrew and translation and has co-edited The Defiant Muse: Hebrew Feminist Poems from Antiquity to the Present: A Bilingual Anthology (with Shirley Kaufman and Tamar Hess).
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication30/03/2012
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleWiley-Blackwell Companions to Anthropology
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1250 g
- Width173 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine42 mm
- Edited byGalit Hasan-Rokem,Regina F. Bendix
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.