All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $67.92Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $40.67
- AU $18.56Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.95Trending at AU $53.03
- AU $22.59Trending at AU $27.63
About this product
- DescriptionThe conquest of the Byzantine Empire by the armies of the Fourth Crusade resulted in the foundation of several Latin political entities in the lands of Greece. The Companion to Latin Greece offers thematic overviews of the history of the mixed societies that emerged as a result of the conquest. With dedicated chapters on the art, literature, architecture, numismatics, ecomy, social and religious organisation and the crusading involvement of these Latin states, the volume offers an introduction to the study of Latin Greece and a sampler of the directions in which the field of research is moving. Contributors are: Nikolaos Chrissis, Charalambos Gasparis, Anastasia Papadia-Lala, Nicholas Coureas, David Jaccoby, Julian Baker, Gill Page, Maria Georgopoulou and Sophia Kalopissi-Verti.
- Author BiographyNickiphoros I. Tsougarakis, studied for his PhD at the Institute for Medieval Studies of the University of Leeds and is now Lecturer in History at Edge Hill University. He is the author of The Latin Religious Orders in Medieval Greece, 1204-1500 (Turnhout, 2012). Peter Lock, Professor of History at York St John University, retired in August 2008. He is the author of Franks in the Aegean (London, 1995), The Routledge Companion to the Crusades (London, 2006) and has translated The Book of the Secrets of the Cross by Marino Sanudo Torsello (Farnham, 2011). He has edited The Archaeology of Medieval Greece (Oxford, 1996) with Guy Sanders.
- Date of Publication27/11/2014
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleBrill's Companions to European History
- Series Part/Volume Number6
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Note7 black & white illustrations, 29 colour illustrations, 3 black & white line drawings
- Weight964 g
- Width16 mm
- Height24 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Volume editorNickiphoros I. Tsougarakis,Peter Lock
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.