All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of essays from an international group of medievalists, provides a comprehensive introduction to the eight tales which make up the Morte Darthur . There are also studies of the relationship between the Winchester manuscript and Caxton's and later editions; the political and social context in which Malory wrote; his style and sources; and his treatment of two key concepts in Arthurian literature, chivalry and the representation of women. The volume also includes a brief biography of Malory with a list of historical records relating to him and his family. It ends with a discussion of the reception of the Morte Darthur from the 16th to the 20th centuries.
- PublisherBoydell & Brewer Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/1996
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleArthurian Studies
- Series Part/Volume Numberv.37.
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintD.S. Brewer
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight576 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byAnthony S.G. Edwards,Elizabeth Archibald
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.