All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionA Companion to Media Studies is a comprehensive collection that brings together new writings by an international team to provide an overview of the theories and methodologies that have produced this most interdisciplinary of fields. It tackles a variety of central concepts and controversies, organized into six areas of study: foundations, production, media content, media audiences, effects, and futures. It provides an accessible point of entry into this expansive and interdisciplinary field. It includes the writings of rewned media scholars, including McQuail, Schiller, Gallagher, Wartella, and Bryant. It is w available in paperback for the course market.
- Author BiographyAngharad N. Valdivia is Research Associate Professor of Communications at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. She is editor of Feminism, Multiculturalism, and the Media: Global Diversities (1995) and author of A Latina in the Land of Hollywood and Other Essays on Media Culture (2000).
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication22/12/2005
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Series TitleBlackwell Companions in Cultural Studies
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1069 g
- Width172 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine45 mm
- Edited byAngharad N. Valdivia
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.