All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis Companion combines a broad grounding in the essential texts and contexts of the modernist movement with the unique insights of scholars whose careers have been devoted to the study of modernism. It is an essential resource for students and teachers of modernist literature and culture. Broad in scope and comprehensive in coverage, it includes more than 60 contributions from some of the most distinguished modernist scholars on both sides of the Atlantic. It brings together entries on elements of modernist culture, contemporary intellectual and aesthetic movements, and all the genres of modernist writing and art. It features 25 essays on the signal texts of modernist literature, from James Joyce's Ulysses to Zora Neal Hurston's Their Eyes Were Watching God . It pays close attention to both British and American modernism.
- Author BiographyDavid Bradshaw is Reader in English Literature at Oxford University and Hawthornden Fellow and Tutor in English Literature at Worcester College, Oxford. He has edited many works of modernist literature, including the Oxford World's Classics editions of Lawrence's Women in Love (1998), Woolf's Mrs Dalloway (2000) and To The Lighthouse (2006), and the Penguin Classics editions of Waugh's Decline and Fall (2001) and The Good Soldier (2002). He is also the editor of A Concise Companion to Modernism (Blackwell, 2003) and is Victorian and Modern Literature Editor of the Review of English Studies. Kevin J. H. Dettmar is W. M. Keck Distinguished Service Professor and Chair of English at Pomona College, California. He has written and edited a number of books, on James Joyce, modernist literature and culture, and rock & roll, edited the Barnes & Noble Classics edition of Joyce's Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man and Dubliners, and has served as President of the Modernist Studies Association. He is series editor, with Mark Wollaeger, of the Modernist Literature & Culture series published by Oxford University Press.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication21/12/2005
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleBlackwell Companions to Literature and Culture
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Note0
- Weight1338 g
- Width189 mm
- Height261 mm
- Spine39 mm
- Edited byDavid Bradshaw,Kevin Dettmar
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.