All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionA Companion to Rainer Werner Fassbinder is the first of its kind to engage with this important figure. Twenty-eight essays by an international group of scholars consider this controversial director's contribution to German cinema, German history, gender studies, and auteurship. * A fresh collection of original research providing diverse perspectives on Fassbinder s work in films, television, poetry, and underground theatre. * Rainer Werner Fassbinder remains the preeminent filmmaker of the New German Cinema whose brief but prolific body of work spans from the latter half of the 1960s to the artist s death in 1982. * Interrogates Fassbinder s influence on the seminal ideas of his time: auteurship, identity, race, queer studies, and the cataclysmic events of German twentieth century history * Contributions from internationally diverse scholars specializing in film, culture, and German studies. * Includes coverage of his key films including: Gods of the Plague (1970), Beware of a Holy Whore (1971), The Bitter Tears of Petra von Kant (1972), Martha (1973) (TV), World on a Wire (1973), Effi Briest (1974), Ali: Fear Eats the Soul (1974), Fox and His Friends (1975), Fear of Fear (1975), Chinese Roulette (1976), In a Year With 13 Moons (1978), Despair (1978), The Third Generation (1979), Berlin Alexanderplatz (1980) (TV), and Querelle (1982).
- Author BiographyBrigitte Peucker is the Elias Leavenworth Professor of German and a Professor of Film Studies at Yale University. Peucker is the author of many essays on questions of representation in film and literature. Earlier books include Lyric Descent in the German Romantic Tradition (1987), Incorporating Images: Film and the Rival Arts (1995), and The Material Image: Art and the Real in Film (2007).
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication17/02/2012
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleWiley-Blackwell Companions to Film Directors
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1154 g
- Width179 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edited byBrigitte Peucker
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.