All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis four-volume Companion to Shakespeare's Works , compiled as a single entity, offers a uniquely comprehensive snapshot of current Shakespeare criticism. It brings together new essays from a mixture of younger and more established scholars from around the world - Australia, Canada, France, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and the United States. It examines each of Shakespeare's plays and major poems, using all the resources of contemporary criticism, from performance studies to feminist, historicist, and textual analysis. The volumes are organized in relation to generic categories: namely the histories, the tragedies, the romantic comedies, and the late plays, problem plays and poems. Each volume contains individual essays on all texts in the relevant category, as well as more general essays looking at critical issues and approaches more widely relevant to the genre. This book offers a provocative road map to Shakespeare studies at the dawning of the twenty-first century. This companion to Shakespeare's poems, problem comedies and late plays contains original essays on Troilus and Cressida , Measure for Measure , All's Well That Ends Well , Venus and Adonis , The Rape of Lucrece , and The Sonnets , as well as Pericles , The Winter's Tale , Cymbeline , The Tempest , and The Two Noble Kinsmen .
- Author BiographyJean E. Howard is William E. Ransford Professor of English at Columbia University and a past president of the Shakespeare Association of America. She is an editor of The Norton Shakespeare, and author of, among other works The Stage and Social Struggle in Early Modern England (1994) and, with Phyllis Rackin, of Engendering a Nation: A Feminist Account of Shakespeare's English Histories (1997). Richard Dutton is currently Professor of English at Ohio State University. He is author of Mastering the Revels: the Regulation and Censorship of Renaissance Drama(1991) and Licensing, Censorship and Authorship in Early Modern England:Buggeswords(2000), and editor of the Palgrave Literary Lives series.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication02/07/2005
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleBlackwell Companions to Literature and Culture
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight852 g
- Width171 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byJean E. Howard,Richard Dutton
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.37Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.